Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP+)
The Victims and Vulnerable Persons Division (VVPD) of the Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG) funds the Victim Quick Response Program+ (VQRP+) to support direct victims, their immediate family members, and witnesses in the immediate aftermath of violent crimes by providing short-term financial support with essential expenses in order to lessen the impact of the crime, enhance safety, and meet immediate practical needs arising from the commission of the crime.
VQRP+ is a program of last resort.
Financial support may be available to help cover the cost of:
- Safety expenses
- Practical assistance expenses
- Travel and associated expenses
- Crime scene clean-up
- Counselling services, traditional Indigenous health services and associated transportation expenses
- Supports for victims with serious injuries
Who Is Eligible for VQRP Services?
Eligible victims, which may include immediate family members, custodial guardians of a minor victim, or an individual with legal authority to act on behalf of the victim, may request services if they have reported a violent Criminal Code offence to:
- Police Services in the Province of Ontario
- Sexual Assault Centre, or Domestic Violence Shelter
- in cases of domestic violence, or sexual assault
- Hospital, or Community Agency in the Province of Ontario
- that provide services to victims of sexual assault and/or domestic violence